Friday, March 17, 2017

Meditating in a Buddhist temple

Wat Pathum Wanaram


Thousands have come and gone from this same place


Wat Pathum Wanaram

Was the ground made holy by millions of prayers over a century, or had it always been sacred? A sacredness that would draw people to place a marker...a building to announce the energy present here

Wat Pathum Wanaram

I feel my mind at peace before ever entering the space reserved for prayer and meditation

Wat Pathum Wanaram

My walk is softer, my energy calmer

Wat Pathum Wanaram

I step through the door - gateway - and I have already left this plane of existence. As I sink to my feet I feel the earth reach her roots up towards me

Wat Pathum Wanaram

She wraps her warm tendrils around me and tugs me down into an ocean of serenity

No comments:

Post a Comment